Ethan goes in spurts with his movies. Once upon a time, we watched The Incredibles so often that it refused to play. I incorporated quotes from the movie into my everyday life. His newest movie obsession is Kung Fu Panda. It's a great movie. I can actually stand watching it 3-4 times a day. It's funny how the messages of Disney/Pixar movies can be very deep and apply to adults, as well. To a child, it's just a fun, kick-ass movie with furry and loveable creatures. But I actually take away from it so much more.
I take away from it belief. When the father reveals the secret ingredient is nothing, Po applies this to the Dragon Warrior scroll. "There is no secret ingredient." All he had to do was believe he was special, and then he was. As a mother, all I have to do is believe. I have to believe in my potential as a mother. I have to believe in my children's potential as they grow older. It's amazing the power of positive thinking. That must be why someone wrote a book about it. Negative thinking is very natural for me. It always has been; I have to make a very serious attempt at seeing the glass "half full." It's always been half empty. It's always been 1/4 bad instead of 3/4 good. If I believe things will get better, they will be. If I believe things aren't so bad, they aren't.
Master Uguay also makes a statement about the present being a gift. He makes a comment about Po being too wrapped up in what was and what will be. This statement was made for ME. I am always concerned about what happened and what will happen versus what IS happening. I dwell on the past and its negativities and I dwell on the future and its uncertanties. I would like to turn over a new leaf daily and make myself stop and smell the roses. I don't want to be a person who is only happy "when." "I'll be happy WHEN this deployment is over." "I'll be happy when Ethan is asleep." There is joy in every moment. And I'd like to be able to find the happiness and joy in every day. Every moment. Because they are gone so much sooner than I realize.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Kung Fu Panda's Secret Ingredient
Posted by Krystle at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment