It seems this deployment won't be as hard as predicted. Of course, I'm only three weeks in. Ask me again in six months how I'm doing. But aside from a clingy five-month-old and a whiny three-year-old, things couldn't be easier. I love my life with my kids, but there are some days when I am not sure if a full-time job to go to would make things "easier." The grass is always greener. I try not to dwell on it too much, because my working gal pals give me the 10th degree every time I say I need a break. I'm always met with, "You have it so good" and "try doing it with a full-time job." To that, I answer, this IS my full-time job. No sick days, no lunch hour, no paid vacations. This is it - all day, every day. And if that isn't work to anyone else, then I would venture to wonder why on Earth nannies are paid such a high salary. But I digress.
Charlie seems to be doing much better this time around. I think we both know what to expect, but that doesn't make him being gone any easier. I almost get angry when I see posts about how much a girlfriend is going to miss her boyfriend if he'll be gone for a weekend. And I know that's wrong to get angry about because I chose this life, and it comes with the job. But it almost seems trivial...two days versus 365. You do the math. But I just nod and smile instead of admonishing them the way I am whenever I think about wanting a job. I guess I learn from being chastized so much; I don't like returning the favor.
I have no point today. Just an idle stream of consciousness. I think this will be our deployment blog since our House of Pauls is one member short. But he is always missed. Until June when he comes home for R&R, pictures and video will just have to do.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Between Iraq and a hard place....
Posted by Krystle at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh the working mom/stay home mom dilemma. I think no matter what side of the fence you are on the grass IS always greener. Towards the end of my maternity leave I couldn't wait to get back to the office and now being back in the office 6 months I often feel frustrated that I'm not home with my kids more. Being a mom period is so much work. I've said it before and I'll say it again though, you're my hero for doing what you do everyday with Charlie gone.
Awh sweet Amber. Thank you!! I know it's hard on working moms, too. It's a juggling act, for sure. My blogs are basically bitch-fests....I should write when I'm happy, too!!
Post a Comment